Arming And Equipping The US Cavalry 1865-1902

Reviews and commentary on books, films, etc.
Trooper
Society Member
Last Name: Farrington

Hi El Cutachero,
Thank you for your kind comments on the work. I hope you will continue to find it of interest and not too much of a work out for the tummy!

I am sensible of the enormous debt that my research owes to great pathfinders like Frank Mallory on martial arms or William G. Phillips on Mills belts and holsters, who have been constant examples to me of how proper inquiries should be made. I tried to follow where they led or apply their methods where they had not yet explored. I hope that you will consider my effort a small tribute to their memory.

I'll be happy to answer any specific questions concerning the work but for the sake of the readership of this forum feel that this will be better handled by email - I don't want to be "administrated" for being OT![;)]

Kind words from an informed source are greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Dušan
Joseph Sullivan
Society Member
Last Name: Sullivan

Actually, Dusan, speaking as an administrator, if you are comfortable putting some of that on the forum, there are many of us who would enjoy could benefit from the discussion.

Joe
Trooper
Society Member
Last Name: Farrington

Hi Joe,
Thanks - but I guess it depends on the questions!
I neglected to say to elcutachero that I have been "researching" cavalry arms and accoutrements for over 40 years but began serious inquiry about 12 years ago and yes, it is a labour of love.

Dušan