War Horse

Reviews and commentary on books, films, etc.
Joseph Sullivan
Society Member
Last Name: Sullivan

Well, yes. The ploughing sequence as a whole was just silly, although it was necessary for the story line. How about the part where he puts the collar on himself in order to show the horse that is is safe? I was unaware of that raining technique.

Still a good movie, though.
Centman
Last Name: Fisher

Joseph Sullivan wrote:Well, yes. The ploughing sequence as a whole was just silly, although it was necessary for the story line. How about the part where he puts the collar on himself in order to show the horse that is is safe? I was unaware of that raining technique.

Still a good movie, though.
Many of the scenes were shot near to where I live on Dartmoor, and I know several of the extras. The ploughing scene was executed using a winch attached to the plough, it was a pity that the horse sale was not shot in a Dartmoor village, we dont have houses built of Mendip stone, which is a smooth soft yellow stone. We have Granite, hard as Iron and Grey as a Battle ship. We even have a Granite Railway used to transport stone from the Quarry at Haytor to build the Old London Bridge, which I beleive now has a new resting place on the other side of The Pond.

Accuracy and Hollywood, are the two in the same vocabulary?