Austro-Hungarian stirrup leathers

Luki
Last Name: Karmowski

I'm looking for drawings and photos of Austro-Hungarian stirrup leathers. I have some description from 1910 but German written in Schwabacher font is really hard to understand. If anyone could me help with that I will be grateful.
lazyschnauzer
Last Name: Morton

Are these photos helpful? Not quite the same saddles, I know, but all were listed on the web sites where the photos were obtained as 1889 armeesattels.

The only one where I'm fairly certain the leather stirrup straps are authentic and not a reproduction is the photo taken in a museum.
German or Austrian Armeesattel 1889.jpg
German or Austrian Armeesattel 1889.jpg (41.63 KiB) Viewed 3593 times
1889 Austrian Armeesattel for Cavalry.jpg
1889 Austrian Armeesattel for Cavalry.jpg (64 KiB) Viewed 3593 times
Armeesattel.jpg
Armeesattel.jpg (105.64 KiB) Viewed 3593 times
All the best,
Dan
Pat Holscher
Society Member
Last Name: Holscher

Not a text, but some photos from another thread:
Reiter wrote:Thanks for the interesting link.
I belive this saddle is a 99 M. (1899 pattern) saddle.
Are you sure? I have seen some models of Austrian saddles of the K.u.K.-Kavallerie and it seems for me to be a "M 06". But maybe there are only small differences in materials or the tree.

Here are fotos I tooked in Vienna in the armymuseum, the ARSENAL.
I found the K.u.K.saddles and took the picture of the saddle for the officers:

Here the bridle:

And the saddle for the cavalry-troops:

Here my horse with the saddle and the bags (I dont know the correct model of the bags)

I have another Austrian-saddle too, that could be M 15, it has moveable bars.

What do you think? Is there a difference between Hungarian and Austrian saddles after 1918?

Horrido!

Nicole
Pat Holscher
Society Member

From that same thread, which I've now bumped up.
Tom Muller wrote:Image

Luki
Last Name: Karmowski

Thanks for reply. I saw this photos earlier on this forum. Hope that someone has something more informations.

I made some photos of Austro-Hungarian cavalry saddle in museum in Poznan (Poland). They called it called Cavalry Saddle M.1883. As you can see there is one small difference from those in Vienna - there is a loop on stirrup leather . I'm wandering if it is movable or fixed. And of course if its original.

Pat Holscher
Society Member

Luki wrote:Thanks for reply. I saw this photos earlier on this forum. Hope that someone has something more informations.

I made some photos of Austro-Hungarian cavalry saddle in museum in Poznan (Poland). They called it called Cavalry Saddle M.1883. As you can see there is one small difference from those in Vienna - there is a loop on stirrup leather . I'm wandering if it is movable or fixed. And of course if its original.
For whatever reason, this is a European saddle we don't run into often here. I suspect the saddle is often mistaken for the German pattern, and it seems that for some reason Swiss saddles are sometimes mistaken for Austrian ones, perhaps because the owners realize that they aren't German saddles.

By any chance could you post an image of the German language item that you do have on this one?