Saddlebag side strap.

A forum for general topics and questions.
Dick A.

This may seem an odd question but, does anyone know the specific dimensions of the side srap that connects the saddlebag to the cinch pad?

How do I go about submitting photographs?
Kurt Hughes
Society Member

Hi Dick

I might have a copy of the drawing for them but cannot check until tomorrow, failing that I have some loose examples and others on various model saddlebags I can measure, but doubt they changed much if at all over the years.
As to adding photos when you Post a reply, there is a box below "Attachments" if you click that another box will appear "Add Files" if you then click that you can select the files you wish to add from your computer. Hope this helps.

Kurt.
Kurt Hughes
Society Member

Here you go
IMG_0552a.jpg
IMG_0552a.jpg (230.16 KiB) Viewed 2162 times
Joseph Sullivan
Society Member
Last Name: Sullivan

Good drawing of a scarce part. When I was actively collecting, I must have owned a couple dozen pairs of bags, and probably no more than three or four had the side straps.
Dick A.

Thanks for the info. The drawing gave me exactly what I needed. I have many ordnance manuals and other sources that mention the side strap but none show the specifics.
I have a few sets of saddlebags that I am in the process of restoring and all have the side straps missing. I wanted to be accurate when I made new ones.
Thanks again.