jackson sword presentation address

Reviews and commentary on books, films, etc.
Larry Emrick
Society Member
Last Name: Emrick

Browsing a bookstore Thursday I came across a small volume: Presentation of Sword of Gen. Andrew Jackson, 1855.
It is not in great condition but might be of some interest.
The book had just come in and the proprietor had not even researched or priced it. If anyone is interested, email me and I will send you the name and address of the place.
Here is an excerpt description an online bookseller:
"Very rare book entitled Addresses on the Presentation of the Sword of Gen. Andrew Jackson , 1855. This small hard cover book, 40 pages, describes the U.S. Congress's official ceremony to recognize the donation of General Jackson's sword to the United States. This is THE sword he carried during much of his military career, including in New Orleans.
Various Congressmen relate their experiences in serving with Jackson and they provide a candid insight into this enigmatic military man and politician. This book was limited to only 20,000 copies. Covers are tooled brown cloth with gilt recessed lettering."
The book had just come in and the proprietor had not even researched or priced it. If anyone is interested, email me and I will send you the name and address of the place.

Larry@pippa.ca