Rememberance.

roy elderkin
Society Member
Last Name: elderkin

Once again it is that time, that we should all remember and bow our heads. To those in war who have paid the ultimate sacrifice, in defence of their country. "We will always remember them" RIP brothers in arms.
Pat Holscher
Society Member
Last Name: Holscher

Indeed.

How is this day remembered in your various communities? Is there an official function? Do you have the day off? Let us know.
rayarthart
Last Name: Hartley

About 10:00 my Wife, Youngest Daughter and I attended the Parishes Veterans Day Ceremony at our Justice Center. My Wife is the President of our American Legion Post Auxsilliary in Covington, La. and I am our and Vice Commander as well as a member of the Honor Guard. We did a 21 gun salut5e with Taps played and my Wife read "the Veteran". The at 5:00 P.M. I went to a local Elementary School and presented the Colors for a PTA Veterans Day Ceremony. I truly had a choked up moment when a little 3rd grade girl came up to me and hugged me and then gave me a red, white and blue braclet that she had made. By far this has been the best Veterans Day in a long time that I can say I have been appreciated by so many. I just want to say to all the Veterans out there, weather whatever the country that you served in Happy Veterans Day.
Pat Holscher
Society Member
Last Name: Holscher

I was out of town on work so I missed things here, but based upon what I read, it was a typical Veterans Day here. There was a ceremony at the Veterans Cemetery here in the county, and the JrROTC (still wearing the old green Army Service Uniform) sent a M1903 armed color guard.
Trooper
Society Member
Last Name: Farrington

roy elderkin
Society Member
Last Name: elderkin

To you all on Veterans day, may your thoughts and prayers be with those and their families, who have paid the ultimate sacrifice in the service of your great country. And to those who are left, with the ravages of war, God Bless You.
Trooper
Society Member
Last Name: Farrington