Intervention!

Reviews and commentary on books, films, etc.
Pat Holscher
Society Member
Last Name: Holscher

Intervention! The United States and the Mexican Revolution, 1913-1917.
John S. D. Eisenhower. 1993. W. W. Norton & Company, Inc.

This book by John S. D. Eisenhower represents itself as a history of the United State's reaction to the Mexican Revolution, but it really much more than that. Perhaps necessarily, but always in a very interesting and well written manner, the book also is a history of the Mexican Revolution itself. As such it probably isn't complete, but it does give a very good overview of the Revolution, and the events which lead up to the Punitive Expedition.

The lead up to the Punitive Expedition takes up a good deal of the book, but it is very well done. The Punitive Expedition, and the Vera Cruz incident, are very well covered as well. All of the book is engaging and entertaining. If the book has any faults, perhaps it would be that it ends relatively abruptly after the Punitive Expedition's end, but this is not surprising.

People wanting a good overview on this topic would be well advised to read this one. As with Eisenhower's other books, it is quite good.

Pat
Joseph Sullivan
Society Member
Last Name: Sullivan

I'll buy it!

BTW, maybe we should start a thread to create a bibliography of PI related books and papers?

Joe
Pat Holscher
Society Member
Last Name: Holscher

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Joseph Sullivan</i>
<br />I'll buy it!

BTW, maybe we should start a thread to create a bibliography of PI related books and papers?

Joe
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Joe, I'm sure you'll enjoy the book.

And I agree that we should start a bibliography of PI books and papers. Many participants here are very interesting in the Punitive Expedition, and I know a list of books and papers would be helpful.

Pat