Man Made Mobile - online

Reviews and commentary on books, films, etc.
Todd
Society Member
Last Name: Holmes

A handy online reference that every 19th century American saddle nut should have a copy of, or access to:

http://www.sil.si.edu/SmithsonianContri ... T-0039.pdf
Alex
Society Member
Last Name: Mezentsev

Todd wrote:A handy online reference that every 19th century American saddle nut should have a copy of, or access to:

http://www.sil.si.edu/SmithsonianContri ... T-0039.pdf
Thanks Todd. Nice reading and useful source.
John Ruf
Past Society Member
Past Society Member
Last Name: Ruf

Todd:

Wow; I'm torn--I'm glad it is readily available now, but I wonder what this does to the value of my hard-sought copy... :(
Todd
Society Member
Last Name: Holmes

John Ruf wrote:Todd:

Wow; I'm torn--I'm glad it is readily available now, but I wonder what this does to the value of my hard-sought copy... :(
Would you like to sell it.....? :wink:

Thought not!

The only way I'm ditching mine is if Smithsonian Press ever reprinted it with high quality paper and large glossy images. Unlike some other well-cited 'old saddle' books, this one will always be worth the time and effort to acquire.
Pat Holscher
Society Member
Last Name: Holscher

Todd wrote:
John Ruf wrote:Todd:

Would you like to sell it.....? :wink:

Thought not!

The only way I'm ditching mine is if Smithsonian Press ever reprinted it with high quality paper and large glossy images. Unlike some other well-cited 'old saddle' books, this one will always be worth the time and effort to acquire.
I fully agree!
John Ruf
Past Society Member
Past Society Member
Last Name: Ruf

Gentlemen:

Thanks for the consolation--yes, it is much in the same category as "Horses and Saddlery", "Riding and Schooling Horses", "American Military Horsemanship" and "The American Military Saddle"; always within reach!