British Enlisted Pocket Knife

Don

Hi all, I have the same knife as David's dad however my knife is engraved with the following company on the blade: J RODGERS & SONS 6 NORFOLK ST SHEFFIELD. ENGLAND. The opposite side of the blade is dated 1940 and has 2 symbols, 1st symbol resembles an asterisk with six points, the second symbol resembles a maltese cross. Just wondering if this knife was a highly manufactured knife or has some value. Please let me know if anyone has any information on this knife. thanks, Don.
Originally posted by David
Just for info:

Upper is my Dad's knife issued to him in the Navy, note the size, blade broken off. Lower is a standard, modern Australian Army issue with a pistol lanyard for illustration.

Pat Holscher
Society Member
Last Name: Holscher

Related thread here:

viewtopic.php?f=17&t=3815
hbtoday98
Last Name: Baker

KNIVES in use in the feild and one I have see photos. The can opener did not get invented until the twentys I think Napolean use canned food but it took sixty years for the can opener i think .why would grind the end of the spike yes you could pick the horse but make hole in your staps ,slice a rope, put a hole in the tinned food to heat it .they clean out the chamber of an m16 I am told?

http://www.nzmr.org/smith_rowland/wounded_anzac.html
Attachments
p6170293pumping1qaa1.jpg
p6170293pumping1qaa1.jpg (31.88 KiB) Viewed 4189 times
knife1.jpg
knife1.jpg (34.33 KiB) Viewed 4189 times
jan
Society Member

These Pocket Knifes were also made for the Belgian army by COLIN WINAND, most have 1951 dates, and the armys ABL marking. These are together with the lanyards still issued today on every new recruit. Cold war stock, they must have huge piles of these in store. I like the knife, it is basic, compact and sturdy.

Jan
mattbody

The local army surplus shop has quite a pile of these knives, I have already bought quite a few if anyone wants them. They are what I believe are the later ones, the WW1 ones are slightly longer. (I have one of those too).

Regards, Matt