On, you huskies

Reviews and commentary on books, films, etc.
selewis
Society Member
Last Name: Lewis

The old TV program "Sgt Preston of the Yukon" is back on TV. I liked the show when I was a kid and hadn't seen it since that time so I tuned in for an episode the other day. Two things really surprised me. First, the series was filmed in color, when there were no color TVs. But what stood out the most was the horsemanship of the actor who played Sgt Preston, Richard Simmons. He really rode quite well with all the marks of a trained and thoughtful horseman- maybe the best I've seen from Hollywood, judging by the horse's reactions. The Mounties should be well pleased to have him represent their image on horseback. Check it out if you have the opportunity.

Well, King, this case is closed.
Pat Holscher
Society Member
Last Name: Holscher

selewis wrote:The old TV program "Sgt Preston of the Yukon" is back on TV. I liked the show when I was a kid and hadn't seen it since that time so I tuned in for an episode the other day. Two things really surprised me. First, the series was filmed in color, when there were no color TVs. But what stood out the most was the horsemanship of the actor who played Sgt Preston, Richard Simmons. He really rode quite well with all the marks of a trained and thoughtful horseman- maybe the best I've seen from Hollywood, judging by the horse's reactions. The Mounties should be well pleased to have him represent their image on horseback. Check it out if you have the opportunity.

Well, King, this case is closed.
What network runs it?
selewis
Society Member

It's called ANGL2. I'd never heard of it before switching satellite companies. Most of the programming seems to be religion oriented, camp meetings and the like, but they also run a few hours of old TV shows.
selewis
Society Member

After looking around a bit on youtube it seems that the episode that I caught on TV was a rarity. Everything I found was filmed in winter, not much riding. But then, the offerings were few.