Book on American Indians

Reviews and commentary on books, films, etc.
Pat Holscher
Society Member
Last Name: Holscher

Is there a good, reliable, affordable book that discusses American Indian tribes in the context of their cultures and 17th through 19th Century migrations?
mnhorse
Last Name: Resseman

Pat,
I just picked up IN THE HANDS OF THE GREAT SPIRIT by Jake Page at the County Library. I an just starting the the book, so I can't tell exactly where he plans to go with this book.
For all I know Page may just be another white guy who believes he "knows indians". There have been plenty of them around going back to the earliest times of "discovery".
Richard
mnhorse
Last Name: Resseman

mnhorse wrote:Pat,
I just picked up IN THE HANDS OF THE GREAT SPIRIT by Jake Page at the County Library. I an just starting the the book, so I can't tell exactly where he plans to go with this book.
For all I know Page may just be another white guy who believes he "knows indians". There have been plenty of them around going back to the earliest times of "discovery".
Richard
Pat,
I finished the book I mentioned above. I guess you could sort out the migrations and their timing, BUT one needs to wade thru a lot of PC rhetoric to find it.
Richard