The Military Horseman's Essential Library

Reviews and commentary on books, films, etc.
selewis
Society Member
Last Name: Lewis

Thanks, Troy. I would like to know too. I checked LuLu and ABE but neither yielded any results. Is this still available Roy?

Sandy
Pat Holscher
Society Member
Last Name: Holscher

selewis wrote:Thanks, Troy. I would like to know too. I checked LuLu and ABE but neither yielded any results. Is this still available Roy?

Sandy
This is a bit premature. But some of us are working with Roy on a project to get a new edition of the book out.

Having said that, and realizing that it comes across as a teaser to not give more information, I can't reveal more at this time, as that would interfere with the process and efforts, in my view. When things reach a point where a more public announcement is appropriate, more news will be forthcoming as appropriate. As I'm sure the several published authors here can tell you, the whole process involved in book publishing is quite involved, and takes quite a bit of time.
selewis
Society Member
Last Name: Lewis

Welcome news, thanks all.
Pat Holscher
Society Member
Last Name: Holscher

War Horse
A History of the Military Horse and Rider
by Louis A. DiMarco

Westholme Publishing, LLC
Eight Harvey Avenue
Yardley, PA 19067
www.westholmepublishing.com

I recently reviewed this book.

This book clearly deserves a spot on this list, as it covers the history of what we're all discussing. A history of the military horse and rider is something the rider and student of military history ought to know! And its very well done too!
Redhorse
Past Society Member
Past Society Member
Last Name: Wuensche

I'm surprised no one has mentioned Randy Steffen's works. I've found them to be a good reference.
stablesgt
Society Member
Last Name: Erb

I agree with Stephen. However, it is also slightly painful to page thru those volumes. As I understand it from either someone's long ago comment in this forum or elsewhere, much of what you see in those books were items from Steffen's own collection. Most destroyed in a house fire some 35-40 years ago.
kerry savee
Last Name: Savee

Riding Logic by Wilhelm Museler, 5th edition, edited by Kurd Albrecht von Ziegner, new English re-translation by Harold Erenberg;
An Anatomy of Riding by Heinrich Schusdziarra, M.D. and Volker Schusdziarra, M.D., English translation by Sandra L. Newkirk;
and, of course:
The Gymnasium of the Horse by Gustav Steinbrecht, 10th edition with forward by William C. Steinkraus, English translation by Helen K. Gibble.
rayarthart
Last Name: Hartley

On the internet there are several good courses for WWII Cavalry Manuals from 1940- 1945.