Hiram Tuttle Olympic medalist 1932

A forum for general topics and questions.
jgoddard1956

Hello all:

About one year ago I found a reference here that I since have used in an article about Col. Hiram Tuttle, bronze medalist in Individual and Team Dressage at the 1932 Olympic Games. Thank you for that start to my article - I was able to connect with some of your readers for further references.

The article was published in the November 2017 issue of the Journal of Olympic History, by the International Society of Olympic Historians: Bronze medallist Tuttle was more than “Merely an American Horseman”, pg. 48-55.

The article is on the ISOH website, but you must be a member to read it. If you would like further information, just email me at: jhgoddard1503@comcast.net

Thanks again,
Jim Goddard
jgoddard1956

Thanks especially to Jennifer Bryant , Todd Holmes, Ron Smith, and Philip Sauerlender!
Jim Goddard
Philip S
Society Member
Last Name: Sauerlender

Jim kindly emailed me a copy of his article and I strongly recommend that others contact him to read it. Tuttle liked music and theater. This naturally contributed to his success in dressage. I have attached some pictures from the 1924 Cavalry School Annual "The Rasp." One shows the 1924 Troop Officers Class , another his participation in a Cavalry School performance, and the last is from "The Honor Roll" which was a humorous listing of excuses for being dehorsed.
Attachments
Tuttle-Honor Roll.jpg
Tuttle-Honor Roll.jpg (312.77 KiB) Viewed 1583 times
Tuttle-drama.jpg
Tuttle-drama.jpg (543.48 KiB) Viewed 1583 times
Tuttle-1924 Troop Officers Class.jpg
Tuttle-1924 Troop Officers Class.jpg (616.52 KiB) Viewed 1583 times
Pat Holscher
Society Member
Last Name: Holscher

jgoddard1956 wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2017 5:45 pm Thanks especially to Jennifer Bryant , Todd Holmes, Ron Smith, and Philip Sauerlender!
Jim Goddard
:thumbup: