Happy Thanksgiving Holiday

Couvi
Society Member

My participation may be scanty for the next couple of weeks. I wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving Holiday. We should be thankful for all that we have. Some things are mundane, everyday comforts that we that we all take for granted:

http://www.nzmr.org/archive/updates2011_may3.html
roy elderkin
Society Member
Last Name: elderkin

May I echo Couvi 's remarks and wish all on the forum and your family's a happy Thanksgiving day.
selewis
Society Member
Last Name: Lewis

Couvi, Roy, all;

Happy Thanksgiving to you. And thanks to all who make this place so amiable and informative. Truly a society of friends.

Sandy
selewis
Society Member

Couvi wrote:My participation may be scanty for the next couple of weeks. I wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving Holiday. We should be thankful for all that we have. Some things are mundane, everyday comforts that we that we all take for granted:

http://www.nzmr.org/archive/updates2011_may3.html
I've been scanty too: almost a full year on the road. It's great to be home, if only for a few days.

Great photo. That thing gets unloaded before use, right?

BTW, Couvi, I think I recently caught a bit of your expertise on a cable show that dealt with things that go boom. That was you, wasn't it? I thought, surely there can't be two people out there with that distinctive moniker. A pleasant surprise, good job.

S.
Couvi
Society Member

Which show?
selewis
Society Member

Couvi wrote:Which show?

Oh, I didn't know there was more than one, or even that prior to seeing it. I think it was the History Channel, about two weeks ago, Veteran's Day. They were showing a marathon, to use TV parlance, of loosely related shows dealing with weapons and armor through the last few centuries. I recorded them for my neighbor's son, whom I knew would be interested. You were showing and explaining subtle differences in some of the models of rifles used by the U.S. Army between WWI and WWII, inclusive.
Couvi
Society Member

selewis wrote:
Couvi wrote:Which show?

Oh, I didn't know there was more than one, or even that prior to seeing it. I think it was the History Channel, about two weeks ago, Veteran's Day. They were showing a marathon, to use TV parlance, of loosely related shows dealing with weapons and armor through the last few centuries. I recorded them for my neighbor's son, whom I knew would be interested. You were showing and explaining subtle differences in some of the models of rifles used by the U.S. Army between WWI and WWII, inclusive.
Tales of the Gun, “Weapons of WWII,” 1999. Yes, that was me back in the Stone Age!