Wagon Wheels (FA Journal)

For any and all posts on physical items that don't fit other specific forums in the Artifacts & Objects category.
Pat Holscher
Website Admin
Medals: 2
Last Name: Holscher
:
Society Member Donation - Palm Leaf

Tue Jan 15, 2008 11:01 pm

Gordon M. pointed out this great FA Journal article to us, which one of his Dodge Forum subscribers pointed out to him:

http://sill-www.army.mil/FAMAG/1940/MAY ... 95_203.pdf

Pat
Couvi
Society Member
Medals: 3
:
Society Member Site Content Donation - 5th

Wed Jan 16, 2008 7:18 pm

This article goes a long way in explaining the logistics involved with a horse-mounted unit. But, can you imagine sitting on top of a horse for 11 hours a day in the North Texas wind in November?

Couvi

<i>"Cavalier sans Cheval"</i>

<i>"Do not fear the enemy, for they can take only your life.
Fear the media, for they will take your honor."</i> Anonymous (<font size="1">He wrote a lot of this stuff.</font id="size1">)
Pat Holscher
Website Admin
Medals: 2
Last Name: Holscher
:
Society Member Donation - Palm Leaf

Wed Jan 16, 2008 7:56 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Couvi</i>
<br />This article goes a long way in explaining the logistics involved with a horse-mounted unit. But, can you imagine sitting on top of a horse for 11 hours a day in the North Texas wind in November?

Couvi

<i>"Cavalier sans Cheval"</i>

<i>"Do not fear the enemy, for they can take only your life.
Fear the media, for they will take your honor."</i> Anonymous (<font size="1">He wrote a lot of this stuff.</font id="size1">)
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

I can imagine something like that. . .but I also have to imagine a tall glass of Bushmills at the end of such a day. . .which is something that the artilleryman would rarely be so fortunate as to get!

Pat