1912 UP Saddle

wkambic
Society Member
Last Name: Kambic

I'm interested in a reproduction 1912 UP saddle. Are there any U.S. based makers? If not are there any in the UK, Canada, Australia, etc.? The reason I'm looking for a repro is I want a riding saddle not a historical piece.

Any information would be appreciated. :)
Dpuckey
Last Name: Puckey

Still in it's early stages but there is a project in hand to re-make these very useful saddles to original spec. rest assured that if it does come off I'll let everyone on here know.
wkambic
Society Member
Last Name: Kambic

Thank you for the reply. I'll look forward to additional information!
MerlinV

Hello Wkambic,

I have a Swivel Tree 1912 UP that I had rebuilt by a Saddler in Melbourne - So it's worth as a collectors item is nout.

I'd be interested in selling it if you are still looking.

Cheers,

Hugh

PS. PM me and I will give you an email contact.
mattbody

I use UP saddles all the time for my horses, the ones I have are only dated around 1990ish so not that old. I do also have a brand new 1902 that has never been on a horse but I am keeping it in reserve as I have no reason to use it yet. I did for a time use a very old specimen that I had rebuilt and it was fine but I got offered money for it and it sold. There are plenty around if you look for them, just watch the cost of rebuilding them, it cost me around £180 to replace felts and reweb one. Girths I have had made, copying a couple of original ones I have that are not useable.

Regards, Matt