WW1 1902 British UP saddle miniature

Cesar Dubon
Last Name: Dubon

This is my latest saddle creation in 1/6 scale. Thanks to my good friend John Morgan and all his UP knowledge this saddle would not have been possible. Thanks John.

kaff

I'm not an expert by any means but that looks great Cesar.
Well done :D
ronshoe
Last Name: Shoemaker

That is incredible. The level of detail is amazing. I know virtually nothing about the fabrication of miniature tack so excuse my questions if they seem rather elementary.

Did you make the entire tree from scratch? The micro stitching is fantastic. Is it done my hand? Is there a whole industry out there for the fabrication of buckles, bits, other hardware?

Once again, an excellent job.

Shoe
Pat Holscher
Society Member
Last Name: Holscher

Very nice!
John M Φ
Society Member
Last Name: Morgan

Yes...it is excellent. Thanks for you appreciation of my help, Cesar....which I hope has been 100% accurate!.
John.
Cesar Dubon

Thank you Everyone for the nice compliments.

That is incredible. The level of detail is amazing. I know virtually nothing about the fabrication of miniature tack so excuse my questions if they seem rather elementary.

Did you make the entire tree from scratch? The micro stitching is fantastic. Is it done my hand? Is there a whole industry out there for the fabrication of buckles, bits, other hardware?

Once again, an excellent job.

Shoe

Hi Shoe, Theres a huge industry out there for saddles smaller than 1/6 scale, the 1/9th scale. Lots of people, mostly women I think who make them for the breyer horse industry. My saddles are action figure size and besides myself, theres probably 2 individuals who make them but are very limited in what they offer. Theres a company by the name of Rio Rondo that caters to the 1/9th scale and offers buckles and all sorts of hardware. I decided to make my own line of photo etch buckles, shields, rivets, screws, etc. to cover all my cavalry saddles. I do make my own tree and all my saddle trees by hand. Thanks again.
Cesar
Tony Barton
Last Name: Barton

And here's one of the first of Cesar's saddles arrived at its destination.
A Trumpeter of the Royal Gloucestershire Hussars , Palestine 1918. I've made all the 1/6th scale kit , but it's not all attached here for clarity :~

The man represented is Stan Carter, who when in his sixties taught me to play the trumpet. I've always wanted to recreate him , and finally I got the opportunity.

And many thanks to John Morgan ( of this parish ) for his help with this and other saddles.

John M Φ
Society Member

That is a really excellent piece of craftmanship, Tony.
Pat Holscher
Society Member
Last Name: Holscher

Wow. The tack actually looks used. Pretty amazing.
John M Φ
Society Member

Yes Pat, that was something I especially like about it.
Tim Lovelock

Hi Cesar,

Wow that's a really impressive model!! I am currently making a 'Rocking Horse' and I would like to dress it in the livery of the Australian Light Horse, which has brought me on a journey through the internet and this post. I am attempting to find a 'pattern' of the UP Saddle so as I can make a scale copy ?1/2, 1/3, size that would be suitable for my rocking horse. Are you able to point me in the right direction or do you have or sell drawings with measurements etc? Again your scale saddle is extremely impressive.

Kind Regards, Tim
lazyschnauzer
Last Name: Morton

Superb detail! Really nice!

All the best,
Dan
Cesar Dubon

I missed your post Tim. Thank you. PM you.

Thanks Dan.